New York's frigid winter chill has called it quits for this year and the promise of brighter, warmer days taken its place. Spring is cool and all, but I already find myself itching for summer. No, the city's July humidity and stench are not things one should look forward to, but getting out of the city for a beach weekend? That's the stuff.
Whether it's Montauk, the Rockaways, the Cape... here are the pieces we're swooning over:
- A casual dress and button-down to throw over a slightly sexy suit
- Retro shades and a light-weight hat
- Easy-to-remove sandals
- Portable home-mixed cocktails
- A notebook + a book
- A printed clutch to pair with that dress if you go out
- And a big, straw bag to throw it all in
All a girl needs for some quality, salty air chill time. And maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to shake that permeating impatient-for-what's-coming-next mindset and just be. At least for a weekend.