An exciting challenge of getting ready for a trip is packing a wardrobe that fits in a carry-on and compliments the style sentiment of the destination. As I prepare for a trip with some gal pals to Stockholm in January – eek, yes, January – I realize that Scandinavian style is exactly the kind I aspire to have as I get older. Textured neutrals, thick fabrics, and inspired by functionality, the region's fashion proves that you don't have to sacrifice style, even when it's freezing cold out.
Here's what will keep me warm and help me look the part during my 4.5 day trip:
- An oversized sweater and a knee length wool coat to wear on the flight.
- Dark wash girlfriend jeans and pleather leggings.
- Comfortable sneakers for day and equally comfy boots for drinks out with the girls.
- Simple black accessories including a clutch and cross-body bag.
- Some neutral thermals in unexpected lengths.
Got a sweet recommendation for packing for Scandinavia? Go crazy in the comments section below!