I can easily say that Amsterdam is up there on my list of fav cities. It's the perfect mix of architectural beauty, relaxed vibes, and tall English-speaking population. And it's especially conducive to biking around. Here are few must-hit addresses:
- Aan de Amstel: opened by Yvette von Boven and her partner, this quaint café-restaurant sits cozied up to the water.
- Little Collins: serving up a slew of Bloody Marys and casual fare, all a nod to Melbourne.
- Coffee: Amsterdam coffee shops have quite the reputation, and while many rock, check out Quartier Putain, Bedford-Stuyvesnt (lol), and Koko Coffee & Designer for a decent cup, ambiance, events, and wares.
- Pure Markt: if you want to cook in, head to Pure Markt, one of Amsterdam's impressive organic markets.
Things To Do/See
- Van Gogh Museum: a gorgeous collection of some of the artist's best works.
- Museum Nacht: if you happen to visit in November, don't miss this. Many of the city's best museums stay open all night and have special exhibitions. I have the fondest of memories of this one.
- Wini Vintage: a wonderful little vintage shop with quality duds.
- Concerto Records: a true record store with heart (and good coffee!)
- Foam Photography Museum: they also have a magazine worth checking out.
Have a reliable recommendation or sweet spot to share? Go crazy in the comments section.